Holiday Heroes Returns for Second Year – WINNERS ANNOUNCED
Posted: December 3, 2015 9:09 am
UPDATE (Feb. 10, 2016): Now that all three winning groups have been contacted, we are excited to announce this year’s winners! They are:
- First Place: Falconer Fire Department & Junior Members
- Second Place: City of Erie Fire Department
- Third Place: Wellsboro First Responders/Soldiers + Sailors Memorial Hospital
Overall, our second year saw participation from over 470 donors and 39 different first response agencies! Thank you all for another great year, and thank you to all of our hometown heroes!
For the second year in a row, the Community Blood Bank of Northwest Pennsylvania and Western New York is partnering with local first responders to help increase the local blood supply during the holidays.
Holiday Heroes, which aims to honor the community’s everyday heroes through a friendly competition while also calling attention to the constant need for blood, had its inaugural year last year with 35 participating agencies and over 400 total participants across the our coverage area.
Holiday Heroes invites active duty and retired service men and women from every branch and division of local law enforcement to gather as many friends and family as possible and have these individuals donate blood in the name of their branch.
This year, Holiday Heroes will take place from December 14 through January 9. Donors can participate in the following ways:
- Donate blood at our Erie Donor Center (2646 Peach Street) with one extra step. After registering as you normally do, simply sign your name to the specially labeled Holiday Heroes sign-in sheet, just don’t forget to write down which department/branch/group you are donating for!
- Donate blood at a Holiday Heroes specific blood drive. These will be listed on our Upcoming Drives section of our website, as well as announced as they occur on Facebook.
Last years defending champions, the Erie Fire Department, kick off this year’s competition with a walk-in drive that begins on December 14 at our Erie Donor Center.
If you or someone you know is interested in registering a group of local first responders there’s still time! Please contact Deanna Renaud, Recruitment Manager for Community Blood Bank at firstname.lastname@example.org OR at (814) 456-4206 for more information or to register.