The Community Blood Bank of Northwest Pennsylvania and Western New York connects donors to patients who are in need of life-sustaining blood products in the communities we serve.
Current Inventory Needs:
All blood types are needed, however there is an optimum type of donation for each individual blood type. Based on the blood products most needed by our partner hospitals, these are the optimum donations for your blood type:
- A+ and B+ donors please schedule whole blood appointments due to the need for the platelet and plasma portion of your blood, which can only be taken from a whole blood donation that contains all three components of blood: red blood cells, plasma & platelets.
- O-, A-, B- & O+ donors please schedule double red appointments if eligible.
- AB+ & AB- donors please schedule an appointment on the TRIMA device, so that we can concurrently draw plasma. AB donors are the universal plasma type.
Follow us on social media for up-to-date promotions announcements and details!
- January is National Blood Donor Month! Everyone who signs in to donate this month will receive a limited-edition coffee/tea mug, while supplies last.
- Donors can also enter to win tickets to see Thomas Rhett on February 24 at the Erie Insurance Arena.
We will be closed some new holidays starting this year, so please update your calendars! This year’s dates are:
January 16 (MLK Day)
February 20 (President’s Day)
March 17 (St. Patrick’s Day)
April 14 (Good Friday)
October 9 (Columbus Day)
Wondering who your donations help? Watch Austin’s story to see what your donations mean
not only to a recipient, but for their families too.
For promotions, eligibility reminders, updates and more text the word BLOOD to 444999 to opt in for text messages from the Community Blood Bank.
And don’t forget to check out our news feed, located on the left hand side of our website, to stay up to date on our promotions, new blood drives, schedule changes and much more!
Thank you for being a part
of the Community Blood Bank family!